Teeth Whitening in Rockford, IL
Experience Simply Stunning Results!
A popular way to make teeth whiter and brighter is through tooth whitening. Bleaching can also be used to whiten stained and discolored teeth, or simply to enhance a dull smile. Either way, tooth whitening is a safe and relatively painless procedure ideal for most patients. There are various methods of whitening:
In-office whitening is an ideal procedure for anyone wanting immediate results. Because the entire procedure takes place in our office in about an hour, it is the perfect choice for busy individuals. In this process, a protective gel is applied to your gums to protect the soft tissue. We then take impressions of your teeth to create custom trays for at home touch-up, and give you instructions for keeping your smile bright. The result is dramatically whiter teeth that will last for years.
Tray whitening is a less expensive whitening treatment you can use while in the comfort of your own home to gradually whiten teeth. An impression of your teeth will be taken to create a customized clear tray that you will wear to whiten your teeth. Within a few days your trays will be ready to be picked up and we will show you how to apply the special bleaching material to the trays. The whitening gel trays should be worn 30-60 minutes up to twice a day. At the end of this period, you will see maximum whitening results that are nothing short of dazzling. Occasional treatment can be used at your convenience to maintain your new smile.
Most Common Questions About Teeth Whitening
- Q: How does teeth whitening work?
- A: Teeth whitening typically involves the use of bleaching agents to remove stains and discoloration from the tooth surface.
- Q: Is teeth whitening safe?
- A: Yes, when performed by a qualified dental professional, teeth whitening is considered safe and effective.
- Q: How long does teeth whitening last?
- A: The longevity of teeth whitening results can vary depending on individual habits and oral hygiene. On average, results can last from six months to two years.
- Q: How long does a teeth whitening treatment take?
- A: The duration of a teeth whitening treatment can vary, but it typically takes around 1 to 2 hours.
- Q: Does teeth whitening cause sensitivity?
- A: Some individuals may experience temporary tooth sensitivity during or after the whitening process, but it usually subsides shortly.
- Q: Can I get teeth whitening if I have dental restorations?
- A: Teeth whitening treatments are most effective on natural teeth. Dental restorations such as crowns, veneers, and fillings do not whiten in the same way and may need replacement to match the new shade of your teeth.
- Q: How can I maintain the results of teeth whitening?
- A: To maintain the results of teeth whitening, it's important to practice good oral hygiene, avoid foods and beverages that stain teeth, and schedule regular dental cleanings.
- Q: Can I whiten my teeth at home?
- A: While there are over-the-counter teeth whitening products available, professional teeth whitening performed by a dentist is generally safer and more effective.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our Rockford Dental Clinic.